Dec. 2

Well, we're continuing to celebrate our love for the month of December. Here are a few things we did today as we thought about this great month ahead of us. First off ... Emma kept putting her blankie on her head this morning and I thought she looked a lot like she was wearing a head covering like Mary would have. Yes, Mary as in the mother of Jesus. So we talked (loosely) about Mary and then took some pictures with the blankie covering her head like Jesus' mother.

Apparently Emma really liked this lesson. :)

Then, because the sun was so beautiful outside, we decided to go for a winter walk, complete with warm hats and coats. Emma loved wearing her hat -- but only while we were inside. She also got a great kick out of Mommy wearing a hat (I wore mine outside AND inside).

I'm not sure what I like more about this picture -- the sweet little girl walking independently ahead of her mommy (with her blankie dragging between her legs), or our sweet dog ahead of her, totally GIDDY to go on a walk. I mean, look at her joyfully bounding across the pathway!

The sun was bright! I told you! All of the pictures I got of Emma facing toward the sun showed her eyes closed. She wouldn't wear her hat nor her sunglasses while we were out (but later on in the evening, when we were inside and it was DARK outside, she was fine with them ... as you'll see a little lower down in this post).

I let her bring her blankie on this walk and she insisted on wearing it over her shoulders. Fine by me -- it kept her warmer, like a big scarf! Also, that kept her from dragging it all over the ground (blecch).

Emma and Bailey again! My two daytime buddies.

I'm trying to challenge myself to take more pictures of objects. I love detail pictures but I always find myself pointing my camera at people. I love taking pictures of people most of all, and will probably always love that, but I want to open my eyes to the simple beauty around me. I don't necessarily think I would classify this litter as beautiful -- but in way, it is. Something about the frost still on the grass and the can (and Santa too) was very "winter," which is part of what we're celebrating as we enjoy this month of December!

So here we go. This is dinnertime. Yep. Emma spotted her hat and sunglasses on the table while she was eating and wanted to wear them both. Cracks me the heck up. I love hanging out with this funny girl.

We're still loving this month and apparently so much so that we want to wear our warm wintery gear while we're inside the house at night. Goofy girl. I love her.

Happy December 2nd!

Comments

Christel said…
I absolutely love the independence in Emma. It sounds like she is all about making her own choices and doing what she wants, and clearly, when SHE wants to do them.

Cute!
Sheree said…
i'm in LOVIN' your december posts...what a nice day for a walk! if we didn't have the yuckies - i would love to hit the cold sunshine and walk it out! :)

Popular Posts