Random
I have nothing special to say at the moment. I just feel like writing.
Summer 2006. Almost two years ago. We're walking along the water in Redondo with Amy and Miah and it smelled way too much like fish for my liking. Ew.
At the Street of Dreams 2006. This big bear was in one of the "man caves" downstairs in one of the mansions.
No words. Other than that this is my little brother-in-law, Wyatt. Christmas 2006. Guitar Hero. So I guess I do have words.
James and Bailey having a stare-down at the lake. Summer 2006 again, I believe.
I've recently come to the conclusion that it's about time I start dropping all of this baby weight. Emma's sleeping in the swing right now (our magic "put-baby-to-sleep" machine...thank you so much, KK) and after folding a bunch of laundry I decided to check my email. Then I got to dorking around in all of my personal folders here on my laptop and started to go through old pictures. This is probably totally vain and extremely selfish but I want to be thin and tan again. Yeah, I have much more important things to focus on right now, like taking care of Emma, learning how to really fit into my new title of stay-at-home mommy, adding to my recipe box, finally fixing up all of the rooms in my house that are currently cluttered with junk I've collected over the years and painting our bare, new-house walls any shade other than white...but I'm so excited to get back to the gym and be active again. I have lots of pre-pregnancy summer clothes that I really want to wear when the warm weather comes so I've got to get to it.
My contacts are so dry and I'm really tired today but I can't seem to get my (larger than usual) bum out of my kitchen chair and upstairs to get ready for bed. It's only 8:07 p.m. right now. James is out having a manly night with Jason at the Bacon Bowl (basically an ultimate fighting event in Fife pitting law enforcement officers in the state against each other) and I have no idea when he'll be home. I really want to finish my book. I'm reading A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Houssini and it is definitely splendid.
Every time I type "splendid" I type it incorrectly and have to change it. I type it like this: "splended," like a past tense of "splend."
I just erased two whole paragraphs I'd written about my thoughts on the stay-at-home thing. Still not ready to write much about that. Blogging about that will take much more concentration and organization if I want to make sense and I didn't say I wanted to make sense tonight. I just wanted to write. I don't care if I make sense and since this is my blog, I can do what I want. Isn't that splended?
Anyone have any good, healthy recipes that are quick and easy to make? I need ideas for snacks, lunches and dinners. I need to never make funfetti cupcakes again because those are too delicious and I've already had two of them today.
And as I write that I realize I've got to cook an entire Easter meal tomorrow and I'm already feeling too sleepy to boil water, let alone bake a ham. I need to go upstairs and wash my face before bed but I don't want to wake Emma yet. She's in her swing and I think if I pick her up to transfer her to her crib that she will be ticked. Well, that and she'll want to eat again and I'm not quite ready to nurse just yet.
I can't wait to read more in A Thousand Splendid Suns tonight. If you haven't read the book yet, you should. That and author's first book, The Kite Runner. Both are fantastic. I'm so glad I love to read. And I'm glad I married a man who also loves to read (as long as the book involves enough political adventure/drama). I am giddy when I think of all the time Emma and I will spend reading together. I have so many memories of going to the library when I was young and trying to carry stacks of books more than two feet tall from the check-out counter to our car in the parking lot.
My family always laughs at me because I am typically reading three or four books at a time. In my defense, nowadays, I only read that many books at a time because they're all different types of books. It's not like I read four fictional novels all at the same time. I read baby books (on baby development, baby sleep, breastfeeding, working v. stay-at-home), faith-inspired books about things like the lives of Jesus and His disciples (Beth Moore is my favorite Christian writer), some inspire me to be a better wife (marriage books, all purchased by me FOR me because I love challenging myself to be a better partner to my husband) and then there are the fun books. The literary fiction.
James and I own lots of books and keep talking about where we're going to build our huge bookshelf in our house. I can't wait to see our collection all together in one spot. It's going to look like a mini library, right in our own home!
I am laughing at myself right now because who the heck is going to want to read this blog? I am on so many tangents. Who am I kidding? People only come to this page to see pictures of my daughter. Well, I'm not going to give you one today. Instead, here are some random pictures to go with my random blog:
Summer 2006. Almost two years ago. We're walking along the water in Redondo with Amy and Miah and it smelled way too much like fish for my liking. Ew.
At the Street of Dreams 2006. This big bear was in one of the "man caves" downstairs in one of the mansions.
No words. Other than that this is my little brother-in-law, Wyatt. Christmas 2006. Guitar Hero. So I guess I do have words.
James and Bailey having a stare-down at the lake. Summer 2006 again, I believe.
At a backyard camp-out at the Guilfoyles, May 2007. We had fun with the camera and the eery lighting from the fire and the flashlight.
Whoa! This one actually isn't too random! It goes with my paragraphs about books. This book was one of my favorites. The Time Traveler's Wife. Christmas 2006 again.

Comments
Hope you have a great Easter! Love You all.
And also, Emma and the easter bunny from Starbucks are like the cutest pair ever! ;-)
Maybe next time there won't be any editing! You're cute! And Emma is ADORABLE!