Random revisited
I got so many comments (some on here, some via email) on my "Random" blog that I'm going to write more like that one. I like to just sit down and write about anything and everything that comes to mind, without going back and editing too much. And people still come back!
I have to say, I have thoroughly enjoyed this blog and want to express my appreciation to all of you who come back and read (and comment) faithfully. This has been cathartic for me and I look forward to it every day. Thank you, thank you, thank you for caring about my family and about what we do in our lives! It makes us feel very special. I'll do my best to keep posting and also to think of interesting (random) subjects to write about.
Oh, and I definitely want all of your healthy recipe suggestions! I'm SO going to try the funfetti cupcakes with Hansen's soda instead of oil and eggs. Yay, Andrea! Thank you! Here are a few notes for those of you who are thinking of sharing your favorite healthy (and delicious) recipes:
1. I do not like peas. No way around it. They are nasty the way they explode in your mouth with their soft, dry insides. Yuck. Same thing goes for lima beans.
2. I am "allergic" to shellfish. The quotes are necessary b/c I've never really had shellfish, only witnessed what happens to my father, who IS very allergic to shellfish, when he eats it.
3. I suck (i.e., really need training) at eating vegetables. I'm great at hiding them in things like a tomato in a sandwich but I'm terrible at finding creative ways to trick myself into eating them. I like cucumbers, celery (sometimes), broccoli (though not cooked), mushrooms, peppers and I'm sure a (very) few others.
4. Just realized that tomatoes are fruits, not veggies and therefore I suck at eating (and recognizing) veggies even more than I thought.
5. I love love love love love cheese and breads. That is my problem. We do eat 100% wheat bread in our house. Even my English muffins are wheat.
6. I need quick and easy recipes, things I can make while Emma is in my arms or that I can throw together as a snack. I'm notorious for being seen eating cheese and crackers (Sara will attest to this) and an apple. I love the Pacific Rose apples that are out right now.
7. Even though I say I need quick and easy recipes, I also would love to have recipes that appeal to my husband that I can make for dinners, even if they're not so quick and easy. I LOVE to build my recipe box with any type of recipe!
Okay, notes will have to continue later. Emma needs me. Thank you again!
I have to say, I have thoroughly enjoyed this blog and want to express my appreciation to all of you who come back and read (and comment) faithfully. This has been cathartic for me and I look forward to it every day. Thank you, thank you, thank you for caring about my family and about what we do in our lives! It makes us feel very special. I'll do my best to keep posting and also to think of interesting (random) subjects to write about.
Oh, and I definitely want all of your healthy recipe suggestions! I'm SO going to try the funfetti cupcakes with Hansen's soda instead of oil and eggs. Yay, Andrea! Thank you! Here are a few notes for those of you who are thinking of sharing your favorite healthy (and delicious) recipes:
1. I do not like peas. No way around it. They are nasty the way they explode in your mouth with their soft, dry insides. Yuck. Same thing goes for lima beans.
2. I am "allergic" to shellfish. The quotes are necessary b/c I've never really had shellfish, only witnessed what happens to my father, who IS very allergic to shellfish, when he eats it.
3. I suck (i.e., really need training) at eating vegetables. I'm great at hiding them in things like a tomato in a sandwich but I'm terrible at finding creative ways to trick myself into eating them. I like cucumbers, celery (sometimes), broccoli (though not cooked), mushrooms, peppers and I'm sure a (very) few others.
4. Just realized that tomatoes are fruits, not veggies and therefore I suck at eating (and recognizing) veggies even more than I thought.
5. I love love love love love cheese and breads. That is my problem. We do eat 100% wheat bread in our house. Even my English muffins are wheat.
6. I need quick and easy recipes, things I can make while Emma is in my arms or that I can throw together as a snack. I'm notorious for being seen eating cheese and crackers (Sara will attest to this) and an apple. I love the Pacific Rose apples that are out right now.
7. Even though I say I need quick and easy recipes, I also would love to have recipes that appeal to my husband that I can make for dinners, even if they're not so quick and easy. I LOVE to build my recipe box with any type of recipe!
Okay, notes will have to continue later. Emma needs me. Thank you again!

Comments
the other one I have is stuffed shells, cook the shells according to the box, in a bowl mix ricotta, cottage cheese parmesean mozerella and one egg and about a cup or so of spinach.(sorry my spelling stinks today) I use frozen spinich, thaw it and dry between two paper towels and mix that in and then stuff the shells, place them in a baking dish and cover with red sauce, top with a little parm and it is delish!! This one really takes about ten minutes because you just open the containers and throw it all in josh and natalie LOVE this one and when emma is older I have the best homemade mac and cheese well truth be told adults love it too. Have a great day :)
Thanks
Andrea
But I have lots of good, pea-free recipes. ;-) Can you e-mail me at jachancellor@comcast.net so I can send them to you? I only have (what I think is) your old e-mail address.
Let me know if you find any good ones. I'll email you my easy sausage and potato recipe. Do you have a mandolin slicer or a food processor?