Emma's first competition
The Spirit Squad and my daughter at districts on Saturday, March 1. The girls placed fourth and got a score of 236 -- this sends them to the state competition in Yakima later this month! Go Lancers! These girls have worked so hard this year and I've missed them the past couple months I've been away on maternity leave. They've participated in the Seahawks High School Halftime Show this fall, cheered and peformed at halftime at football games and basketball games (including state playoffs) and pep assemblies. They held a Junior Spirit Squad camp for young cheerleaders/dancers/drillers, organized a squad retreat, put together a hosted competition at Kennedy and so much more. My co-coach Sue has done an UNBELIEVABLE job and I miss her very much, too. I know it's been so tough to do this while I've been away. Sue is a hero for all she's done recently and the school doesn't realize how much she gives of herself...honestly. I can't imagine how exhausted she must be by now. Thank you for everything, Sue. I miss you, my bff Jill!
So, Emma's now been to two dance/drill competitions! She did so well at both of them. She napped in her car seat and was in a great mood when she was awake. Someday maybe we'll be watching her compete at these things! I can't wait to get her her first pair of ballet shoes and take pictures of her in her first tutu. :) Even if she decides she doesn't like dance (sniff, sniff), I look forward to sharing this passion of mine with her. Yeah, I'll make her watch all of my old dance videos. LOL.
Sue and me at a pep assembly, Dec. 2006.



Comments