Ayyyyy-MEN
I just want to note for the record that Emma's first real two-syllable word is Amen. She's done the repetitive sounds like ma-ma and da-da and pa-pa and na-na for a long time now (like since six months or maybe earlier) but she's combined two separate sounds now to make the word Amen. :) I am so touched by that. I love hearing her say it. After saying a prayer before mealtimes, we've always said the word really pronounced, like this: "Ayyyyy-MEN!" Now, she says it when we first grab her hands to start the prayer and she says it with such enthusiasm. It's adorable. Of course. Not only is this so fun because I know it's just the beginning of hearing her discover how to say more complicated words, but because it's such a special word to parents who desire with their whole hearts to teach their daughter about Jesus.
"Ayyyyy-MEN"
"Ayyyyy-MEN"

Comments