14 months old
So this morning, I got to go to my first session of Bible study at church. The study actually started two weeks ago (it meets every other week, on the opposite Thursdays from when I have MOPS) but that was when Emma was really sick so I missed the first session. The study is using Joanna Weaver's awesome book, Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World. I love this book. I am feeling panicky just reading the two chapters I have to read for each session, only because there is so much wisdom on every page that I want to commit everything to memory as I read it so I can put it all to use. I will try to share some of my thoughts about this book and the study here later. For now I will just say that this book is speaking to me on my most basic level -- it is speaking DIRECTLY to my challenges, my struggles and my desires for what kind of a daughter of God, wife, mother and friend I want to be. It is almost scary how much I need to apply some of the wisdom in this book to my daily life.
Today I have part two of a shoot up north for a friend's business. Check out my first shoot with them on my photography blog. I have to take some more head shots for new team members and I'm going to get a few more group shots as well. This shoot marks the first in a run of four shoots in five days. Whew! I will have a lot of editing to do. I'm excited about that though, because I love it. I am still learning how to balance all of that with still spending quality time with James and Emma. I do most of my editing in the evening, after Emma's asleep for the night, but that's my only good one-on-one time with the hubby when he gets home from work too. Thankfully, James is patient with me (most of the time).
I thought of a new idea for Emma's scrapbook. Not that she has one that I've even begun to put together yet. I've maintained her baby book but all I've done for her actual scrapbook is collect hundreds (no joke) of embellishments, papers and ribbon. I am finally convinced that I have a problem when it comes to scrapbooking supplies. I have SO MUCH. An embarrassing amount. That wouldn't be so bad if I had several complete books to show for all of it. I don't.
Anyway, I'm going to do little snapshots of Emma at different points in her life. I don't plan on having time to scrapbook every little detail, but I desperately want to capture some parts of our everyday life as it is right now. I know I'm going to miss these days and I don't want to forget things.
So, right now, as she is 14-months-old as of today ... this is my Emma:
Emma likes...
...Elmo, Sesame Street & her Grover doll
...cheese, pears, peaches, bananas, peanut butter toast (and most recently, strawberry/banana smoothies)
...splashing in the dog's water dish (Mommy does NOT like this)
...crawling really fast, with Mommy chasing her on her own hands and knees
...saying "pancake, cupcake and Patrick," but they all sound the same, something like, "KECK"
...giving Bailey hugs and snuggles and crawling all over her
...playing with her laptop from Gramma Pam in the car
...opening cupboards and taking out loads of Tupperware, canned goods and other kitchen things
...opening cupboards in the bathroom and taking out makeup, hairspray, toilet paper
...spinning the toilet paper roll and unraveling it (she LOVES this and Mom/Dad do NOT)
...dropping food off onto the floor when she's in her highchair (another thing Mom/Dad aren't fond of)
...the small blue and purple balls that came with her exersaucer, and crawling holding one in each hand
...Debbie, the only person she clings to when she's in the nursery at church (Debbie calls her "my girl")
...dancing!
...riding on Daddy's shoulders
...playing a gentle game of tug-of-war with Bailey
...going on walks and to stores
...saying "Ayyy-MEH" as soon as Mommy puts her bib on for a meal
...pulling all her books off her bookshelf in her bedroom
...playing "hide-and-seek" when she's in her crib and Mommy runs around it, ducking and hiding out of sight
...trying to drink out of a big-girl cup without a lid
...wearing sunglasses!
Emma does NOT like...
...meat of pretty much any kind
...any dark food, like black olives, to be on her highchair tray or anywhere near her
...any kind of pom-pom, whether it be a fluffy, crackly one from Sea Gals or the long, spindly ones you get for free at sporting events
...Bailey's spiky yellow REALLY SQUEAKY ball and a few other toys that look like real animals
...Mommy taking her pigtails out at night
...when Mommy/Daddy try to practice walking with her
...saying goodbye when Mommy/Daddy leave her in the nursery at church (but she has a great time playing once she's over the goodbye part!)
...washing her face
...laying down on the paper-lined table at the doctor's office
...when Mommy is on her laptop and not playing with her/giving her enough attention
...being asked to "perform" (i.e., say a particular word, dance, give kisses) on command
I'm sure I'll think of some more, so I'll just come back to this post and add things to it as they come to me. I miss being able to scroll back and re-live past Emma moments. I am so proud of how much I blogged at the beginning because those posts are records of our early days as parents. I need to do this more often. I WANT to do this more often.
Lastly, I have to say that I'm so hooked on reading this blog. I've been thinking about Baby Stellan and I love what his mom has to say on her site. Check it out if you have a few minutes and keep this sweet, sweet boy and his Mcfamily in your prayers and thoughts.

Today I have part two of a shoot up north for a friend's business. Check out my first shoot with them on my photography blog. I have to take some more head shots for new team members and I'm going to get a few more group shots as well. This shoot marks the first in a run of four shoots in five days. Whew! I will have a lot of editing to do. I'm excited about that though, because I love it. I am still learning how to balance all of that with still spending quality time with James and Emma. I do most of my editing in the evening, after Emma's asleep for the night, but that's my only good one-on-one time with the hubby when he gets home from work too. Thankfully, James is patient with me (most of the time).
I thought of a new idea for Emma's scrapbook. Not that she has one that I've even begun to put together yet. I've maintained her baby book but all I've done for her actual scrapbook is collect hundreds (no joke) of embellishments, papers and ribbon. I am finally convinced that I have a problem when it comes to scrapbooking supplies. I have SO MUCH. An embarrassing amount. That wouldn't be so bad if I had several complete books to show for all of it. I don't.
Anyway, I'm going to do little snapshots of Emma at different points in her life. I don't plan on having time to scrapbook every little detail, but I desperately want to capture some parts of our everyday life as it is right now. I know I'm going to miss these days and I don't want to forget things.
So, right now, as she is 14-months-old as of today ... this is my Emma:
Emma likes...
...Elmo, Sesame Street & her Grover doll
...cheese, pears, peaches, bananas, peanut butter toast (and most recently, strawberry/banana smoothies)
...splashing in the dog's water dish (Mommy does NOT like this)
...crawling really fast, with Mommy chasing her on her own hands and knees
...saying "pancake, cupcake and Patrick," but they all sound the same, something like, "KECK"
...giving Bailey hugs and snuggles and crawling all over her
...playing with her laptop from Gramma Pam in the car
...opening cupboards and taking out loads of Tupperware, canned goods and other kitchen things
...opening cupboards in the bathroom and taking out makeup, hairspray, toilet paper
...spinning the toilet paper roll and unraveling it (she LOVES this and Mom/Dad do NOT)
...dropping food off onto the floor when she's in her highchair (another thing Mom/Dad aren't fond of)
...the small blue and purple balls that came with her exersaucer, and crawling holding one in each hand
...Debbie, the only person she clings to when she's in the nursery at church (Debbie calls her "my girl")
...dancing!
...riding on Daddy's shoulders
...playing a gentle game of tug-of-war with Bailey
...going on walks and to stores
...saying "Ayyy-MEH" as soon as Mommy puts her bib on for a meal
...pulling all her books off her bookshelf in her bedroom
...playing "hide-and-seek" when she's in her crib and Mommy runs around it, ducking and hiding out of sight
...trying to drink out of a big-girl cup without a lid
...wearing sunglasses!
Emma does NOT like...
...meat of pretty much any kind
...any dark food, like black olives, to be on her highchair tray or anywhere near her
...any kind of pom-pom, whether it be a fluffy, crackly one from Sea Gals or the long, spindly ones you get for free at sporting events
...Bailey's spiky yellow REALLY SQUEAKY ball and a few other toys that look like real animals
...Mommy taking her pigtails out at night
...when Mommy/Daddy try to practice walking with her
...saying goodbye when Mommy/Daddy leave her in the nursery at church (but she has a great time playing once she's over the goodbye part!)
...washing her face
...laying down on the paper-lined table at the doctor's office
...when Mommy is on her laptop and not playing with her/giving her enough attention
...being asked to "perform" (i.e., say a particular word, dance, give kisses) on command
I'm sure I'll think of some more, so I'll just come back to this post and add things to it as they come to me. I miss being able to scroll back and re-live past Emma moments. I am so proud of how much I blogged at the beginning because those posts are records of our early days as parents. I need to do this more often. I WANT to do this more often.
Lastly, I have to say that I'm so hooked on reading this blog. I've been thinking about Baby Stellan and I love what his mom has to say on her site. Check it out if you have a few minutes and keep this sweet, sweet boy and his Mcfamily in your prayers and thoughts.

Comments