Little ladybug


Emma had a busy Halloween. We visited Grammy Mak at work (an elementary school) and Gramma Pam at work (a hospital) and Auntie Amy at work (the Capitol). We also stopped by and visited with Uncle Wyatt, Cody, Uncle Jeremiah and Baby Sam. Then, we closed the evening at Matt & Sara's house for homemade chili, cornbread and kiddies in adorable costumes. It was a loooooooong day for Emma. She ate both lunch and dinner from her carseat in the back of the car so we could get to all the places we wanted to visit. We wanted to visit Kennedy High School, Auntie Jill and my old place of employment in Tukwila too ... but there just weren't enough hours in the day. Here are pictures from most of Emma's first Halloween (the camera --- err, Mommy -- got tired toward the end of the day).

Here, Emma's helping Grammy round up all the third graders from recess.

Of course Emma couldn't miss being part of storytime!


Not sure if Emma likes Little Critter or not ...
We surprised Gramma Pam! Snuck right up on her and held the little ladybug over her shoulder.
Emma loves playing (i.e., chewing) on Gramma Pam's hospital nametag. I'm pretty sure there isn't one square centimeter on that nametag that hasn't been covered in sweet Emma drool.
Helping Gramma Pam at her desk.
Emma really loves her Uncle Wyatt! She smiles so big every time she sees him.
Emma and some of her boys. And no, Wyatt is not dressed up for Halloween. Those are his real clothes. :) Just kidding, Donkey!
We surprised Auntie Amy at her office, too! She was right in the middle of a meeting and we interrupted with a ladybug and some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
"What are you supposed to be this Halloween, Sam?" Emma asks her cousin.
"I'm a skeleton, duh," Sam said. "What are YOU?"
Serious Skeleton Sam, my sweet nephew.
I have close to 50 pictures very similar to this one. If I'm really going to try to do this photography thing, I'm really going to have to figure out a few tricks for how to pose two babies together and get a good shot. Out of nearly 50 pictures, I THINK this is the best one.

Happy Halloween! Stay tuned for some awesome family pictures we took last week with Julie Watts in some gorgeous autumn settings.

Comments

Christel said…
So sweet! I love the little ladybug costume. Absolutely adorable. :) Jess surprised me at school at the end of the with Eli in his skeleton costume too. We (my class and I) were very excited to see them.
Christy said…
Emma Kate looks so cute in her lady bug costume!! I just now am realizing how much she looks like her daddy! I have been canning (jarring?) applesauce all afternoon and am pooped. Call me sometime lady!
Anne said…
Hey Amanda,
Just thought I'd leave a note to say hi. thanks for all your comments on my blogs. Looks like your halloween was as fun and busy as ours! I can't believe the Huskies and Cougars are both so in the tank. Anton is calling it the "rotten apple cup." I will have to look for some UW rainboots. :)
Leah Johnson said…
okay I just put it up on my page...go see!
Anonymous said…
Emma looks adorable...mine is Emma Kate too! I gave you a blogger award...check it out if you want!
Emma is so cute! I love her ladybug costume. What a bug a boo~
Amy M. said…
Thank you for coming to visit! We loved seeing you and the pumpkin/chocolate chip cookies were wonderful.

Popular Posts