The grocery store





Emma loves going to the grocery store. I despise it -- it feels like a chore and I get too stressed out when I'm there. So many decisions, so many prices, so many things on my list, so many dollar bills whisked out of our bank account upon check-out. Anyway, it's more fun for me with my little helper, though.
Emma is such a good, patient baby when I'm shopping. I am lucky, I know. I hope she stays this way. She just laughs and smiles and looks around at all the colors and lights and people. We normally have to stop and talk to at least five different shoppers who pause when they pass Emma in the aisles.
Yesterday, one woman said to me, "Oh, so small to just be sitting in the grocery cart! Too small! Poor baby!" Um, yeah. Does it look like she's slumping over or falling or unsafe or not strapped in or uncomfortable in ANY way? Emma may be a petite little child for her age, but she is strong. She enjoys sitting like a "big girl" and it's much easier on me, too ... not having to lug the car seat in the store anymore. I do still wipe off the handles of the cart and the seat and any place within Emma's reach with anti-bacterial wipes before I put her in it though. I know some moms will laugh and tell me that I'm crazy and that my "germaphobic tendencies" won't last. And that's fine. Maybe they won't.
Anyway, these pics are from our grocery store trip yesterday. Trying to make it just once a week for all of our meals. We average about $100 - $120 a week on groceries. Is that insane? I think so. I'm working on cutting that back and being creative with sales and coupons but so far I'm not so talented in that area. Any tips?

Comments
I want to know how you get such fabulous pictures. Do you have a manual camera that you are able to fuzz the backgrounds or do you go in and play with the pictures? I need a lesson from the master (that would be you).
Blur is awesome once you learn how to control it. See how the sharpness on Emma's face changes when you go from 1.8 to 3.5. You have less light the higher you go, but you have more depths that are sharp. So it's a trade off. These look awesome!