Seven months
Emma is seven months old today! She is such a precocious little girl. She's always staring at us like she can read our minds and isn't quite sure if she approves of what she finds there. I snapped this picture right before our morning walk today.
The traditional monthly picture in our glider. Emma has a new game. She has always loved to squeal (i.e., shriek like a dolphin or small pterodactyl) with her mouth wide open but now she does it and tries to get us to squeal back at her. She LOVES for James and me to imitate her. Whenever we initiate the little game, she bursts into giggles and squeals right back at us. It could very well be an endless game.
Our little Coug. I think this is the first picture of her in a Cougar outfit. It suits her quite nicely, don't you think?
At Gramma Mak's house earlier this month. Gramma Mak is also a Coug. Emma is technically a full-blooded (as obviously both James and I are Cougs), fourth-generation Cougar. My Papa (my mom's dad) also went to WSU for a bit. Actually, our Cougar roots go back even further than that to my Papa's uncle who played in the first Rose Bowl ... but I'm not sure exactly what generation that would make Emma. I keep saying we want Emma to go to college wherever she wants. We would never force (or bribe) her to go anywhere ... but if she chose to go to WSU and live in Regents her first year like her mom and Gramma ... how COOL would that be? I do sing the fight song to her frequently (and the entire Cougar Mania medley pops out every now and then, too). Ahhhh, she's a CrimCo baby too.
Auntie Ebie came over to spend the night recently and here she is, reading Baby Einstein to a little girl who loves her stories. Ebie is exactly 19.5 years older than Emma.
Emma continues to stuff anything and everything in her mouth. She has two teeth now! The two bottom teeth came in at the same time and they're not quite all the way up yet, but they've broken through the surface and are showing themselves quite nicely.
She is always so happy. All you have to do is say, "Hi Emma!" and she cracks a big grin. Or just give her a squeal, of course. That leads to a huge smile too but it's not as distinguished for adults to squeal in public. I still do it anyway. I don't care.
So many more milestones and things to record but we've been so busy lately. Sorry I've been absent so much recently. I would love to be able to post more but with Emma so much more active and sleeping less during the day, my hands are tied. I don't like to be on my laptop while she's awake anymore because for one, I need to watch her because she's rolling and scooting all over the place and two, when she's awake I don't want to miss any quality time with her that I can get. She is my joy and I still can't believe God lent her to us and we get to be her parents. Our sweet baby daughter. Ahhhhh, we're so blessed and thankful. Sometimes I still need to pinch myself because it seems too good to be true.
The traditional monthly picture in our glider. Emma has a new game. She has always loved to squeal (i.e., shriek like a dolphin or small pterodactyl) with her mouth wide open but now she does it and tries to get us to squeal back at her. She LOVES for James and me to imitate her. Whenever we initiate the little game, she bursts into giggles and squeals right back at us. It could very well be an endless game.
Our little Coug. I think this is the first picture of her in a Cougar outfit. It suits her quite nicely, don't you think?
At Gramma Mak's house earlier this month. Gramma Mak is also a Coug. Emma is technically a full-blooded (as obviously both James and I are Cougs), fourth-generation Cougar. My Papa (my mom's dad) also went to WSU for a bit. Actually, our Cougar roots go back even further than that to my Papa's uncle who played in the first Rose Bowl ... but I'm not sure exactly what generation that would make Emma. I keep saying we want Emma to go to college wherever she wants. We would never force (or bribe) her to go anywhere ... but if she chose to go to WSU and live in Regents her first year like her mom and Gramma ... how COOL would that be? I do sing the fight song to her frequently (and the entire Cougar Mania medley pops out every now and then, too). Ahhhh, she's a CrimCo baby too.
Auntie Ebie came over to spend the night recently and here she is, reading Baby Einstein to a little girl who loves her stories. Ebie is exactly 19.5 years older than Emma.
Emma continues to stuff anything and everything in her mouth. She has two teeth now! The two bottom teeth came in at the same time and they're not quite all the way up yet, but they've broken through the surface and are showing themselves quite nicely.
She is always so happy. All you have to do is say, "Hi Emma!" and she cracks a big grin. Or just give her a squeal, of course. That leads to a huge smile too but it's not as distinguished for adults to squeal in public. I still do it anyway. I don't care.
So many more milestones and things to record but we've been so busy lately. Sorry I've been absent so much recently. I would love to be able to post more but with Emma so much more active and sleeping less during the day, my hands are tied. I don't like to be on my laptop while she's awake anymore because for one, I need to watch her because she's rolling and scooting all over the place and two, when she's awake I don't want to miss any quality time with her that I can get. She is my joy and I still can't believe God lent her to us and we get to be her parents. Our sweet baby daughter. Ahhhhh, we're so blessed and thankful. Sometimes I still need to pinch myself because it seems too good to be true.Hmmm, but speaking of pinching ... that reminds me of another thing the little child does. When I'm nursing her or we're reading stories or doing anything relaxing, she likes to PINCH. She doesn't do it to hurt us; I really think pinching our skin soothes her or something. She just grasps at our arms/neck/face over and over and over again. Isn't that weird? I have to calm myself because I totally want to say, "OUCH!" and push her hand away but I don't want to startle her. If she continues this as she grows, we may have to say something though because the stronger she gets, the tighter that girl pinches! Gotta write this in the baby book ...
Anyway, I'll try to post again soon ... lots of thoughts running through my head and maybe it's time to get them down on paper. Err...Blogger. Or laptop screen. Whatever.

Comments
Love you!