Sniffles

Quick post. Emma and I are both sick. I came down with the worst head cold/flu thing on Friday night and was in bed all day yesterday. This morning James and I noticed Emma sounded a little congested and was sniffly. Despite the fact that I think I've washed my hands approximately 200 times since I started to feel sniffly on Friday, I think she may have caught the little bug. Please pray that her experience with the cold/flu is quicker and less intense than mine was. I don't think I've felt as sick as I did yesterday since I was little. It was very yucky. James and I gave Emma a small dose of infant Tylenol just in case her throat or head started to hurt. She's downstairs snuggling with Daddy right now and I'm going to try to go take a nap, since we were all up last night pretty much all night. I am praying fervently that Emma is not affected too much by this first illness.

I'm thankful for breastfeeding once again, too. I know that even if she does have the bug I have, she's getting antibodies I'm making and she was getting those even before the bug got to her.

So we're sticking at home again this weekend. Resting up and hoping our little snuggle bug will soar past this little yucky bug and we'll all be back to full health very soon. Many thanks to Daddy for all his help. He got Emma out of the house for a few hours yesterday, watched her nearly all day and got up with her at night many times. This McMahan family is such a good team.

Thank you for the prayers!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Mandy and James,

Just an old friend from the past that decided to look you guys up. Congratulations on the adorable baby girl! I'm sure you two are amazing parents.

I'd love to hear from you and get caught up on the last six or seven years (has it really been that long?).

Cheers!
Eric Limburg (elimburg@wsu.edu)

Popular Posts