So excited

So...my co-worker Heidi is a grandmother! Her daughter Amy (who is one year younger than me) just gave birth to her first child yesterday and I am SERIOUSLY ECSTATIC. I cannot wait to be where she is...in a place where she is looking at her daughter's face with her own eyes and not with the help of an ultrasound tech. Where she can TOUCH her daughter's cheek and hold her hand...where she gets to snuggle with her and take pictures as a family. I am so excited -- for Heidi and for Amy. Heidi has been so great with keeping me up-to-date on everything Amy has gone through. Since Amy was about 8 weeks ahead of me in pregnancy, I always had questions.

Emma, I cannot wait to meet you. I love that you're with me all day and I (somewhat) easily carry you around without the aid of a carseat or a stroller or a diaper bag. I enjoy so much feeling you move around and do flips and occasional huge sucker punches and karate kicks (or are you dancing?). I am filled with such anticipation at getting to see you soon. Even the thought as I look down at my belly right now that you are IN THERE, comfy and cozy, is truly the most amazing miracle I have ever witnessed. Even though I love this stage and I love how close we are right now...I cannot deny that I am OVERCOME with EXCITEMENT for the day we get to meet you. Our daughter. Our little girl. OUR DAUGHTER. I'll be your mom. Oh, I can't wait to meet you!

By the way...I always told your daddy that I did not want to bring you home to a house without a front yard. We've been in our house for more than a year now and we still don't have a lawn in the front. Well, that's about to change today! Your daddy is outside right now laying down the sod so that when you arrive you'll come home to a house with a beautiful front lawn of lush, green grass! He's working hard...was up until 2 a.m. trying to prep everything for the sod that was delivered this morning. Your daddy's a hard worker and he's such a wonderful leader for this family. Can't wait for you to meet him, too!

Comments

Popular Posts