Nursery ideas


So, now that we've got the gender figured out, what's our next step? Since we can't narrow down a name just yet, I thought it might be time to start looking at ideas for the nursery. Well, that and my creative sister-in-law Jill keeps me motivated in this area with all her own home projects and awesome decorating ideas. So I went online and found these bedding themes that I really like. None of these, unfortunately, were at Babies R Us when James and I went briefly to look at cribs last week. So I guess I'd have to order all the pieces online ... but that's okay!
I'm really into animals or alphabets ... and the browns/tans paired with other fun colors. I LOVE farm animals and jungle animals! We didn't do any themed bedding for Emma's room. We just found random pieces in the colors we liked (pink, green and white) and matched everything together. I think I really want a theme for the new nursery ... animals or the alphabet. Although below you'll see the cute worker vehicles bedding -- I like those colors but I don't love the dump trucks and backhoes as much as I love all the animals.

This alphabet one is unique -- and the only mainly pale blue theme I like. My sis-in-law Jill turned me on to this one and I love the tangerine paired with the pale blue! And the polka dots are so fun!
We know we definitely want his name (um, TBD) on the wall in big letters like we did for Emma's room. We'll do dark letters though, to match the crib and dresser we plan to get. We know we want to get a darker wood crib (not white like Emma's or pale wood) and we have to get a dresser. We're not going to get a changing table -- we used my old high school dresser for Emma's changing table and it worked perfectly. She can keep that dresser through the years. All we did was put a changing table pad on top and voila -- it's an instant changing table with a lot more space and versatility! So we plan to do the same for this little guy who's currently kicking my bladder.

Comments

Amanda said…
My vote would be the first one with blue and dark brown :)
ALR Photography said…
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the alphabet theme! It is different and original and creative and fun! Yay alphabet!! -Lora
Nikki said…
Love the alphabet!

Okay. I'll share my boy names since I haven't officially decided to have children yet, and I feel like I will probably only see you once a year at Jacksons birthday party..so it wouldn't be the end of the world for me ;)

Jameson
Beckett
Eli
Declan


I'm into the funky names right now.
Anonymous said…
My favorite is the last one. SO Cute! For lots of ideas look at babysupermall.com
Love Marissa
Erin Morgan said…
I'm a clear fan of the alphabet one with the orange... Check out this blog she has TONS of cute party and room ideas (it's where I got the ideas for Penelope's room).

http://designdazzle.blogspot.com/
Rachel said…
I love the alphabet one, but I only think you should get it if you're going to paint the walls some punchy color. It needs a punch, you know? Otherwise I love the jungle animals!

Whatever happened to the name Jackson? Did you give up on it?
Sheree said…
i love this one:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3635737

i did the animal themed one that i got from pottery barn kids. it has the super softy fitted sheet with it. if you would like it, let me know! i can send you pictures. :)
Amy M. said…
I think that the barnyard theme is cute. I also like the first one, I love brown and blue.

Please let me know if we can come help decorate. We would sure love to assist with our new nephews space.
Jenn said…
Ahhh, the nursery. SO much fun to work on. I like the second one the best, followed by the first. The second would be really cute with that blue, or maybe the yellow as the wall color. Very soothing. You could have a lot of fun with circles as accents, too.

I'd check Babysupermall.com and albeebaby.com, BTW. I got our bedding way cheaper than it would have been at BRU. That reminds me, I need to put up some pics of Collin's room. It's gray walls with crimson trim, of course. ;-)
Christy said…
I like the last two. :) Or the trucks one too. Little boys love, love, love their cars and trucks! Let's look more at this stuff when I am there in TWO DAYS!!!
i love the energy of the animals , but the simplicity and peace of the alphabet gets my vote! I love a bedroom that just feels peaceful and uncluttered.
Amy said…
The alphabet - by far - is my fav!

Popular Posts