Santa!

So I have a million pictures to share from Emma's first Christmas. And I know everyone's probably ready to move on with 2009 and put the holiday stuff behind but I'm not yet. I'm just not ready. I don't want Emma's first Christmas to be over. I was actually sentimental when I was packing away all the Christmas decorations last night. I'm ready for a new year and fresh starts but I LOVE the magic, warmth and excitement of the holiday season. So ... y'all have to sit through some Christmas posts while I catch up on sharing Emma's first holiday season on this blog. We're beginning with ... the Santa visit.
Emma was very curious about this big guy in red with the white hair all over his face. She was curious and brave ... while she was in Daddy's arms.
Checkin' out the big guy in his huge sleigh. Now, if you may, I'm going to switch to narrative from Emma. Best to let her tell the story here.
"Whoa ... where are we going, Daddy?"
"You're telling me you're LEAVING me on this guy's lap? Some dude I've never seen before in my life? Do you even SEE what is growing on his FACE?"
"Okay, weird. Really. What IS that on his face? Maybe if I don't move a muscle, everything will be okay. I'll sit totally still and not move one little fingertip."
"I'm only going to look forward for two seconds just because you keep bugging me and even when I do that, this is the best expression I'm going to give you. I cannot direct my mind away from that hair on his face long enough to remember how to smile. So you get this face. Deal with it. You're not the one sitting on this lap."
"I looked forward at you long enough, elf helper guy. I need to look back and make sure that white hair is still there. Yep. Wait, what? What did you just say? You, the little elf helper guy. Did you just tell Santa to tickle my belly? WHY would you do that? DON'T!"
"Ahhhhh, he touched me! Get me offa heeeeeeeerrree!"
"Daddy, I'm DONE!"
And that's the story of Emma's first trip to see Santa.

Comments

Christy said…
I LOVE the last picture. Gotta love the little ones crying in santa's lap. Poor santa. The guy does so much good and he gets a bunch of criers on his lap every year. :)
Christel said…
That is so precious! I love it, and of course, can't wait to see more pictures and hear about her first Christmas. How crazy is it that Eli just celebrated his THIRD Christmas and he's barely two?!

Hope all was well for you.

(I have not forgotten about you and pictures - we've just been swamped!)
Anonymous said…
My goodness that is a great story and even better pictures. I loved the look on her face when James left her alone for the first time. You have such a nice happy little family.
Go.Be.Love said…
Hi Mandy! You may or may not remember me from Lindbergh, but I saw your blog from Sheree's G6 blog! Just wanted to say hello and your little girl is such a cutie! I love all of your pictures they make me want to invest in a better camera! Sheree and I had high tea today at Queen Mary's in Seattle, I was telling her how your pictures always look so awesome, she mentioned you may be doing her family. Cant wait to see them! Have a happy new year! Take care!

June Everson =-)
those are so cute! Emery wouldn't even go near him. She just waved and said hi from a distance. Those are just cute!
Mandy, I didn't even realize that it doesn't show updates until you mentioned it. I guess it doesn't. My cousin just went private and I checked her blog and she has updated three times since I last checked. It was a fun read, but I was bummed that it didn't show up. So I guess, we'll have to e-mail blogger and see how to enable that function! Your little girl is so beautiful She definately has good genes!

Popular Posts