Labor update

Darn. That shot I got at the hospital seems to have slowed things down for me. My contractions are irregular and much further apart than they were from 1:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. They were CONSISTENTLY first 6 minutes apart, then 5 minutes apart. But now they've been 8, 9 or 10 minutes apart! They're still pretty intense when they happen but I have longer breaks in between. I'm not complaining...I feel like I can get a chance to rest and that's what I'm trying to do. I have no idea when this will pick back up and I definitely need energy to handle it again.

Since I've been home, I've had two English muffins, a small plate of plain pasta (just butter and a little parmesan cheese), a little bit of a Dairy Queen slurpee (or Mr. Misty or whatever they call them) and another Princess fruit snack package. I still feel dehydrated and need to keep drinking water.

James has been home (I'm still at my parents') doing some last-minute things like taking the dog for a good walk, making the bed, cleaning out the cat litter box (YUCK) and putting labor music onto his iPod for when we're actually active laboring. We left in such a haste this morning that lots of things were left undone. He's hitting the grocery store right now for some snacks for our hospital room (inevitable at some point, however near or far away from right now). He's been helpful -- foot massages distract me from painful contractions and he's stepped up and not complained about his hands hurting or anything. :)

Back to rest. I think another contraction is on its way.

Comments

Anonymous said…
YAY!! Sounds like little Emma will be here before the weekend is over. When you read this I'm sure you will have that beautiful little girl within reach. :) If she hasn't made her appearance yet, good luck. We will be praying for a quick and easy delivery for you. If she is here, CONGRATULATIONS, MOMMY & DADDY and WELCOME TO THE WORLD EMMA!

Lots of love,
Christel

Popular Posts