A special statement

Oh, and just to record one of the most precious things I've ever heard in my life ... I was dancing around to a song when I was working on dinner (as I do every night, every morning, every afternoon). I don't really just walk around my house. I tap, pas de bourree, spin, jump ... seriously, it entertains me. And apparently it entertains my kids too. They've all inherited a love for loud music and dancing in our family room. Kasey will BOUND up from whatever he's doing when I put on the Aladdin soundtrack. When the Prince Ali song comes on, he honestly JUMPS up, runs to the family room and very seriously marches with huge steps, kicking his legs up high in the front. It is the cutest thing ever and we've been meaning to get video of it for weeks. Anyway, we dance a lot around here. It's nothing special to see a pirouette, a time step, a pop of the head ... it happens all day long. So tonight, when I did a slow, single pirouette with my arms above my head, I locked eyes with Emma when I was done. She had a small smile on her face and she said so incredibly honestly and sweetly, "I LOVE watching you dance, Mom."

If my heart had wings it'd have flown around the world in 60 seconds after she said that. I don't ask Emma to watch me, I don't put on shows for her. I usually dance WITH her. This time, she was sitting at the table and I had just walked from the table to the stereo to turn it down a bit so we could talk during dinner. I just did the turn on my way back to the table ... and she said that. I know she has no idea how much weight those words carried. Every day I think about how lucky I am to have a daughter. About how much God has blessed me with such a beautiful, healthy, smart, loving, talented little girl. And I have also felt incredibly blessed with the passion God has given me for dance. Dance brought so much joy into my life since I was Emma's age ... and still does. It's my greatest love besides my family and Jesus. So, so, so cool to hear Emma say something so sweet -- that she enjoys watching her mom in her passion. That was definitely a statement from her sweet lips that I won't soon forget!

Comments

Amanda said…
I'm so happy you're dancing again!

Popular Posts