Mandy Ree
You know that movie Julie Julia? The one where the girl cooks her way through Julia Child's cookbook in one year? Well, I'm going to do that with Pioneer Woman's cookbook. And not only that, but I'm even cooler because PW signed my cookbook for me. Woo-hoo!Ree Drummond, also known as The Pioneer Woman, has one of the most popular blogs out in the world wide web. She is frickin' awesome. Her blog has been a favorite online landing spot of mine for a few years now -- she not only has an impressive cooking section (with unbelievably yummy recipes) but a whole photography section to which I am completely addicted. The photography section of her blog has taught me and inspired me. The cooking section has been the source of many a delicious meal upon the McMahan dinner table. (For example, we love her enchiladas. I could eat her Asian Noodle Salad every night of the week. I made her Chicken Spaghetti last week for the fifth time. And her cinnamon rolls have become a holiday tradition in our house.)
So naturally, when PW decided to come to Seattle on her book tour, I was so excited to have the chance to meet her and have her personalize my own PW cookbook. Even so, with a potty-training toddler and an infant who is still sensitive to overstimulation ... I ended up not making the trip up north to Seattle (yes, it's only 30-45 minutes away but when you have a little infant boy who despises riding in the car, that is a LONG time to hear your baby scream). I'm lucky that I had friends (Chrislyn and Jason, THANK YOU!) who were going and offered to take my cookbook up to have Ree sign it. Yay!
Okay, crying baby calling for his mommy. But stay tuned. I really think I will cook myself through Ree's cookbook. Like that Julie girl in that Julie Julia movie. Again. Just call it Mandy Ree. Who do you think will play me in the movie?

Comments