34-week appointment
We're 34 weeks already. In two weeks I'm considered full-term. What the heck? How did we get here already?
Everything was on track yesterday at my 34-week appointment. Baby's heartbeat was 150 BPM, my BP was 100/50 and my belly measurement was at 35 cm (that's from the top of where my uterus reaches, which is basically at my ribs, down to where it reaches low in my pelvis). My weight is still on track too. I'm two pounds lower than I was at 33 weeks with Emma and SEVEN pounds lower than I was with her at 35 weeks (I apparently didn't have a weight measurement with her at this same 34-week mark).
I'm still having Braxton-Hicks contractions all the time. Dr. Webb said as long as they're not as many as 4-6 times in an hour, everything is normal. Well, they ARE many times more than 4-6 an hour! I told her that frequently it was as many as 10-12 times an hour ... practically every time I stand up or move quickly. The contractions are only 15-20 seconds long at most and she said short ones like that are okay. She said it's normal in second (and third and fourth and so on) pregnancies to have lots more Braxton-Hicks earlier on.
I also asked her if the baby was going to drop (also known as lightening or quickening) this time around. I noticed in my Emma journal that she had dropped a little by 35 weeks. Dr. Webb said second babies (and third and fourth and so on) don't necessarily drop the way that first-time babies do. I breathed a sigh of relief when I heard that because I already feel that ***** (that's his name, just blanked out till I actually reveal it here, hee hee) is so frickin' low. I can't imagine him getting any lower without dropping right out!
Emma and I are taking care of lots of at-home duties this week. My endurance is not what it normally is and my back gets sore really quickly. We organized all of the Christmas/fall/Easter decorations yesterday and after just an hour, I was in pain. Again, I also attribute this to how low ***** is. He's throwing off my balance and I know I'm probably standing improperly and making things worse for myself by carrying boxes, bending over, dragging tubs full of things, etc.
I'm nearly finished painting *****'s room, though! All the stripes are done and I'm just working on touching up each one. We used five colors for the stripes and I have to touch up almost every one so the lines in between each stripe so they're crisp and clear and not fuzzy from where it bled in spots through the tape. James is also done painting the new closet doors (we replaced the junky, flat, hollow oak doors in all of our bedrooms upstairs with paneled white doors) and will hang them tonight. He also purchased all of the trim and chair rail last weekend and is working on finding time to get those pieces up. I am ITCHING to get the crib put together and to take all the painter's plastic off the top of *****'s pretty dresser/changing table. I already took the lamp out of the box (finally) and have been turning that on each night along with the cute green elephant nightlight from Auntie Manda. It's starting to look like a real room and I want to hang out in there and get it all cozy, hang the letters on the wall, hang the animal prints I made ... soon!
Everything was on track yesterday at my 34-week appointment. Baby's heartbeat was 150 BPM, my BP was 100/50 and my belly measurement was at 35 cm (that's from the top of where my uterus reaches, which is basically at my ribs, down to where it reaches low in my pelvis). My weight is still on track too. I'm two pounds lower than I was at 33 weeks with Emma and SEVEN pounds lower than I was with her at 35 weeks (I apparently didn't have a weight measurement with her at this same 34-week mark).
I'm still having Braxton-Hicks contractions all the time. Dr. Webb said as long as they're not as many as 4-6 times in an hour, everything is normal. Well, they ARE many times more than 4-6 an hour! I told her that frequently it was as many as 10-12 times an hour ... practically every time I stand up or move quickly. The contractions are only 15-20 seconds long at most and she said short ones like that are okay. She said it's normal in second (and third and fourth and so on) pregnancies to have lots more Braxton-Hicks earlier on.
I also asked her if the baby was going to drop (also known as lightening or quickening) this time around. I noticed in my Emma journal that she had dropped a little by 35 weeks. Dr. Webb said second babies (and third and fourth and so on) don't necessarily drop the way that first-time babies do. I breathed a sigh of relief when I heard that because I already feel that ***** (that's his name, just blanked out till I actually reveal it here, hee hee) is so frickin' low. I can't imagine him getting any lower without dropping right out!
Emma and I are taking care of lots of at-home duties this week. My endurance is not what it normally is and my back gets sore really quickly. We organized all of the Christmas/fall/Easter decorations yesterday and after just an hour, I was in pain. Again, I also attribute this to how low ***** is. He's throwing off my balance and I know I'm probably standing improperly and making things worse for myself by carrying boxes, bending over, dragging tubs full of things, etc.
I'm nearly finished painting *****'s room, though! All the stripes are done and I'm just working on touching up each one. We used five colors for the stripes and I have to touch up almost every one so the lines in between each stripe so they're crisp and clear and not fuzzy from where it bled in spots through the tape. James is also done painting the new closet doors (we replaced the junky, flat, hollow oak doors in all of our bedrooms upstairs with paneled white doors) and will hang them tonight. He also purchased all of the trim and chair rail last weekend and is working on finding time to get those pieces up. I am ITCHING to get the crib put together and to take all the painter's plastic off the top of *****'s pretty dresser/changing table. I already took the lamp out of the box (finally) and have been turning that on each night along with the cute green elephant nightlight from Auntie Manda. It's starting to look like a real room and I want to hang out in there and get it all cozy, hang the letters on the wall, hang the animal prints I made ... soon!

Comments