So behind

Aw, man. I have so much to write about and so many pictures to share from recent special moments that I'm caught up in that I-can't-start-writing-now-because-there's-too-much-to-say-and-it-will-take-me-forever-so-I'll-just-do-it-later phase. So instead, I'm just going to throw out a bunch of topics now and maybe later I'll elaborate on them all. Or maybe I won't. We'll just have to wait and see.

First off, let me just say that it is wonderful to have a happy, active, smiling, laughing baby girl around the house again. Emma is completely over her week-long illness. It was a tough time for all of us. James even stayed home from work one day to help me take care of her. We went to the doctor three times in three days. We had fevers as low as 99.4 and as high as 102.4. We bought a new, more expensive ear thermometer because we desperately needed to know her accurate temperature multiple times a day and our under-the-arm thermometer was just giving us all kinds of random readings (99.8 one minute and 101.6 the very next minute). Emma experienced all kinds of sickness. She didn't eat very well at all ... maybe half of a normal meal for an entire day (so what is that? One-sixth of her normal intake?). She didn't want to drink anything but water and even that was challenging. She's better now, after a 3-day rash toward the end that freaked me out (to put it mildly). I guess the rash was a good sign that meant the virus was on its way out and she was on the mend for sure.

Anyway, thank you to everyone who prayed and sent well wishes for her. It was stressful going through her first major illness (besides the pneumonia she was born with and she fought off this very time last year). I feel like I know a lot more of what to look for in childhood illnesses ... what is serious and what is normal. I definitely loved how snuggly my sweet cupcake was the whole time. All she wanted to do was sleep and I spent many hours at night in her bedroom with her feverish head resting on my chest or shoulder. Precious time for me. She was so uncomfortable, and yet so content in the arms of her mommy and daddy.

So that's over with for now and I'm so glad. In the meantime, I've had some really fun photography shoots recently. That is what's keeping me from editing and posting pictures of my own family. I have two discs of pictures still to get out to people and all of my time in PhotoShop has been for other people. I love it. I love everything about what I've been doing in photography I'm reading an awesome photography book, Understanding Exposure, by Bryan Peterson and loving that. I've signed up with a neverending source of photography tips and tutorials at http://ilovephotography.com. I'm learning a ton, both by reading/studying and through real-world practice. I'm starting to play with ideas for logos and once I get that settled and find something I love, I'll be gung-ho with designing my business cards, my letterhead, my info sheets, my website. I feel so blessed to finally have the chance to make this a reality. It's SO FUN for me! Check out my photography blog for the latest.

I've been feeling like I'm in a slump regarding other areas of my life where I really want to see change. I have projects around the house that I am so inspired by and energized to get started on ... but I never put pedal to the metal and start them. I'm always distracted by daily tasks. I'm tired of just THINKING about the projects instead of COMPLETING them, so I'm kickstarting myself into checking things off the list. I think I'm going to start writing about these specific tasks on here and maybe you can all help me by holding me accountable when I don't report completion to a particular task. :)

Also, I'm truly bummed out that I cannot seem to stick to a work-out schedule and rid myself of these last 10 pounds for good. I cannot stand them. I've always had the luxury of easily maintaining my weight and I've always found a way to be active. I've never really had to LOSE weight before (other than just a few pounds here and there every now and then). I'm thankful for the challenge (really, I am), but I just want to be more disciplined and I'm really sucking at that right now. By the time James gets home at night and we get Emma off to dreamland, James is changed into his sweats and I just want to do the same and sit at home spending time with him. Plus, the gym near my house closed (thanks for the tip, Jill ... LOL) so now I have to drive twice the distance to the next closest one. I know, I'm making excuses. See? I drive MYSELF crazy!

So ... on that note, I am going to get to work while Emma is still sleeping. I think the first thing I will tackle is our walk-in closet. That so far is not organized and there are a handful of items in there that I know James and I haven't worn in months that could be stored elsewhere. Or, I could make a dent in my seriously scary-messy office. Or, I could call the dentist and make appointments for James and me. Or the eye doctor. I could finish all my thank-you cards from Emma's birthday. I could do some Pilates. Hmm ... stay tuned to see what task I choose. :) Aren't you glad you read this jaw-droppingly interesting, awe-inspiring blog of mine?

Comments

Popular Posts