Twinkle


Okay, for the record, before we even get into all the mushy Christmas stuff here ... let me just note that these pictures are not great. The memories captured in the images are awesome, but I totally did not expose them properly. Nor do I think I had a way to expose them properly with the type of equipment I use right now. So ... I'm bummed because I really wanted some crisp, clean pictures from our first tree decorating time with Emma and these are too dark, grainy and splotchy. Because I am a perfectionist, I have to mention that from the get-go. Now back to your regularly-scheduled programming (seeing our sweet daughter and her first tree and ornament).

This ornament below is the first ornament we have for Emma! While we're at church on Sundays, Emma has been getting used to spending time in the church nursery with the awesome volunteers and toys they have there. A few weeks ago, they asked to take Emma's picture. Yesterday, we got to pick up these ornaments, adorned with our angel child's cute face. I am so proud of this ornament and I can't wait for the hordes of others Emma will make herself.
Hanging the first ornament on the tree during Emma's first Christmas season. That first ornament is obviously the one we got from church yesterday.
Checkin' out the tree. Man, that's tall!
We don't have a tree topper for our tree. Or, we can't find the one we used to put up there and it's been missing since we moved to this house. So, maybe we top the tree with an Emma?
She was a little unsure of all these tree lights for awhile.
Then we played and took a closer look and she ended up thinking they were pretty cool.
That's Emma's Christmas dress! You'll see that in future pictures we'll take when we go see Santa. :)
Daddy putting a shoe back on. Emma is a pro at kicking and pulling off her shoes.




Comments

Christel said…
Absolutely adorable! I love the pictures on the floor with the lights. So sweet!
Sheree said…
i love your pictures...the faces say it all. she is so darling. thanks for sharing. :)
Leah Johnson said…
i wouldn't have known any difference in your pics if you didn't say anything...haha, i'm kidding, they're lovely, don't be so hard on yourself!
Amy M. said…
I love the photos with the lights. Those turned out cool!
Anonymous said…
OK, I am finally getting caught up on blogs, and awwwwwww ... these photos are SOOOO adorable. I love Emma's Christmas dress; holiday clothes for little kids are SO cute. And I love her wonderment at the twinkly lights. I hope you guys had a great Christmas!

Popular Posts